Astro-tourism is a fast growing subset of the international tourism industry. Studies show that more than 80% of the world’s population lives under light polluted skies. Twenty three certified state and national Dark Sky Parks are scattered across Utah; the greatest concentration of dark sky places anywhere! SVO will invigorate area businesses by providing an entirely new range of nighttime learning and discovery for visitors to Kane County and the City of Kanab from across the Americas and around the world.
Increase Local Revenue
- Creates new reasons for visitors to experience Kane County, Utah
- Night Sky activities require an overnight stay in the community
- Kane County encircled by certified dark sky parks
- Four-season compatibility thanks to mild winter weather
- Steadily rising interest among visitors who cannot see the stars from where they live
- Earth’s orbit and rotation, and the movement of the planets, create new celestial attractions monthly